Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A night out



What's this? Two posts in a row?
What can I say, inspiration has shown itself once again.
I recently picked up Amid Amidi's truly wonderful book "Cartoon Modern".
It's everything I could have hoped for and more. I can't put it down and yet I force myself to so that I don't wear it out within the week.
If you like this sort of thing as much as I do please check out Amid's CARTOON MODERN blog.
And if you're interested buy the book at Amazon.com.

In the mean time here's my attempt.
The drawing was done with a black felt tip pen, scanned in and composited onto a swatch of 70's wallpaper.

8 comments:

Enzo Avolio said...

Now you're killing me!
These are amazing!
I know the book you're talking about (via web)I was thinking about buying it just by the cover art, but with this kind of inspiration!!, You've got me pumped!

Jastolfo said...

Thanks a bunch Enzo!!!
And yes you won't be disappointed.

Blair Kitchen said...

It's a shame there isn't more stuff animated like this. Great drawings Jeff.

the doodlers said...

Nice take on the night out theme, Jeff. Great looking simple stuff!

Kristina Hunt said...

I love your style! I have been checking in every week since I came across your site. And, I have never been disappointed.

justinpatrickparpan said...

Really nice work man! I love your style.

Unknown said...

beautiful style!! Love the classic UPA look!!

donnachada said...

Ha, ha. This is brilliant.