Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Woody Woodpecker




Ahhhh Woody...

Apart from Woody Woodpecker and the gang being part of my after school must watch routine, I remember with fondness going to the mall with my mom and being able to watch one of these cartoons in one of those arcade cartoon booths.
I don't know if anyone out there remembers those but for a quater you could sit in one of these booths(similar to photo booths) and watch 16mm prints of Woody, Popeye, or Heckle and Jeckle.
I've looked all over the internet to find an example of these Cartoon Booths but haven't found one yet. So if anyone out there has a link to one please feel free to send it to me.

In the mean time, check out this wonderful site with clips and pics of Woody and his gang. Go to the main Golden Age page and find lots of other shows to enjoy.

HERE

1 comment:

SamuraiFrog said...

I had forgotten about those quarter booths until I read this. I used to watch those, too, though I can't remember what cartoon it was. I think there may have been a "Tom & Jerry" one, too. Thanks for reminding me of something I had totally forgotten from my childhood.