Friday, June 10, 2005

The Muppets

An absolutely huge influence on my childhood. Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Labrynth, The Dark Crystal, I loved them all. It was a very sad day indeed when I learned of Jim Henson's passing. I felt a little older that day.
Regardless of who's doing what character or how poorly written the new movies are, showcasing these characters, one thing remains...


These characters LIVE. Upon seeing Kermit on Extreem Makeover Home edition I turned to my wife and said" Do you realize how amazing these people are? I mean How amazing the muppeteers are? Not once do you feel like there's some guy with his hand in a puppet.

I love the story of the time when the performers were having trouble with a child on the Sesame Street set. No threat would get this child to stay still until Kermit decided to talk to the child and ask her to behave. The child instantly responded and the scene was filmed.

These people behind the scenes are truly masters of their craft.

Good friend Mark Thornton suggested a good link for the Muppets.
Check out MUPPET CENTRAL.
Specifically the forums.

No comments: